The Federal Pell Grants

There will always be student scholarships for every needs. For that matter, scholarships take on many forms. It could be fees waivers if the grantor is the institution itself. It could also be in form of financial assistance on which the grantor will be the one paying for your school. There are some grantor who gives the money for college directly to you. There are very generous student scholarships that offer free-for-all awards which means from the fees to your allowances, all are provided. However, these kinds of scholarships are very competitive. Apparently, generosity has its own prize which only the best could afford. If you are among the best, please take your shot with these highly competitive but very generous student scholarships. Of course, there are also scholarships available for the rest of the students because these scholarships are more interested on helping students facing practical difficulties. As long as decent academic records are maintained, the scholarships are available. If you are more interested to earn money for college, you might want to apply for the Federal Pell Grants. This grant is designed for undergraduate students. As long as you are not behind bars in a federal or state penal institution or penalized with involuntary civil commitment after you were behind bars for sexual offenses, you are qualified (Yes, they emphasized that part). Generally, the grant is not expected to be repaid except for some conditions. To start, you should submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form. Once granted by this program, you will be required to submit the form every year in order to continue enjoying the aid. For the year 2017-18, the maximum money for college to be awarded is $5,920. The exact amount will depend with your circumstances such as your financial need, cost of attendance, if you are full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend. It is important to take note that you will not receive Federal Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time. The grant does not preclude you to enjoy other student aids.

There are special considerations if you are a child or dependent of a member of the U.S. armed forces who died from military service in Iraq or Afghanistan. So, if you are less than 24 years of age or you are enrolled in college or career school at least part time, you might be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant especially that after computation of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) the level is within the boundary and it will be calculated as if it were zero. If your EFC is too high, you might be eligible for Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant. Payment of the award may be in the form of direct payment to you or with the arrangement with your school with the Federal Pell Grant. To continue receiving the aid, you must complete your program at a non-foreign school. Once you completed your bachelor’s degree or first professional degree or you have utilized up to 12 semesters, you are no longer eligible for Federal Pell Grant.

By using this website you agree with our cookie policy

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.